Southern Methodist University
Founded in 1911, Southern Methodist University (SMU) is a nationally ranked private university with seven degree-granting schools. A distinguished center for teaching and research located near the heart of Dallas, SMU offers small classes, leadership opportunities, international study and innovative programs to students from around the world.
The University seeks to prepare students for leadership in their professions and in their communities, providing a learning environment that fosters opportunities for research, community service, internships, mentoring and study abroad.
Online M.S. in Data Science Program
Designed for working professionals looking to advance their careers, DataScience@SMU is an online Master of Science in Data Science from Southern Methodist University (SMU) that trains and develops professionals in the ever-evolving data science field. Delivered online, the program prepares professionals to analyze and manage large data sets and learn strategies to effectively visualize and communicate results to solve real-world problems. With classes taught by SMU faculty, the DataScience@SMU interdisciplinary curriculum focuses on topics relevant to the field, such as statistics, data mining, machine learning, data sampling, network security and database management. Students in the program are given top-tier student support through a range of services.
· The DataScience@SMU is an online program designed for working professionals and can be completed in as few as 20 months.
· The program contains two available specializations: Machine Learning and Business Analytics. The Machine Learning specialization’s electives are Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing. The Business Analytics specialization’s electives are Business Intelligence and Time Series Analysis with R.
· Live classes are held online and coursework is self-paced.
· Students in the DataScience@SMU program have access to dedicated career services and join the Southern Methodist University (SMU) alumni network after graduation.
· Students attend in-person immersions at the SMU campus in Dallas, Texas.
· The curriculum is truly interdisciplinary, bringing together subjects that data scientists use in the field every day, such as statistics, data mining, machine learning and cloud computing.
· Coursework is pulled from three SMU schools: Dedman College of Humanities and Sciences, Lyle School of Engineering and Meadows School of the Arts.
· There is great demand and opportunity for data science professionals as organizations across fields look to make sense of large datasets to predict trends and behaviors.
Southern Methodist University is accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACS).